Terms and Conditions
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to immediately notify us in the event of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security.
Any and all content contributed by the Member in connection to our Services (the “Member Content”) is the responsibility of the Member, not Italist. In addition to the restrictions set forth in Section 1, you agree not to use the Services to post content or other communications that contain (i) political, libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive, or obscene material; (ii) advertisements of any kind; (iii) personal information (such as social security numbers, addresses, phone numbers, etc.); (iv) confidential information of Italist, or affiliates; (v) any chain letters, pyramid schemes, spam, contests, or promotional material; (vi) messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information; and (vii) information similar or related to the foregoing.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL ANY DISCLOSURE OF ANY MEMBER CONTENT TO ITALIST BE SUBJECT TO ANY OBLIGATION OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR EXPECTATION OF COMPENSATION OR ATTRIBUTION. BY SUBMITTING ANY MEMBER CONTENT TO OR THROUGH ITALIST, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT ALL YOUR MEMBER CONTENT WILL NOT VIOLATE ANY RIGHT OF ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, PRIVACY, OR OTHER PERSONAL OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT NO MEMBER CONTENT WILL BE OR CONTAIN LIBELOUS OR OTHERWISE UNLAWFUL, ABUSIVE, OR OBSCENE MATERIAL. YOU ARE AND SHALL REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MEMBER CONTENT. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO ITALIST THAT ITALIST IS FREE TO USE THE MEMBER CONTENT, AND IMPLEMENT ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED THEREIN, IF IT SO DESIRES, AS PROVIDED OR AS MODIFIED BY ITALIST, WITHOUT OBTAINING PERMISSION OR LICENSE FROM ANY THIRD PARTY AND WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION TO YOU.
4. Accuracy of Content; Limitations on Quantity. Excluding Member Content, the information we provide in connection with the Services is believed to be complete and reliable; however, the information may contain typographical errors, pricing errors, and other errors or inaccuracies. We will use reasonable efforts to correct errors as soon as practicable. We reserve the right to: (i) revoke any stated offer; (ii) correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omission; and (iii) make changes to prices, content, promotion offers, product descriptions or specifications, or other information without obligation to issue any notice of such changes (including after an order has been submitted, acknowledged, shipped, or received, except as prohibited by law). We also reserve the right to limit quantities (including after an order has been submitted and/or acknowledged) and to revise, suspend, or terminate an event, promotion, or Boutique at any time without notice (including after an order has been submitted and/or acknowledged). The offer of any products, services and/or experiences at a particular time does not guarantee that the products, services and/or experiences will be available. If a product, service and/or experience offered and sold by us is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it subject to the terms set forth herein.
6. Links to Third-Party Websites; No Implied Endorsements. Our websites [and mobile applications] may contain links to other websites on the Internet. You acknowledge that we have no control over such websites and that we are not responsible for the accuracy, content, legality, or any other aspect of any linked website. In no event shall any reference to any third party, third party website, or third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by us of that third party, third party website, or of any product or service provided by a third party.
8. Disclaimers. Italist is not and shall not be at any time responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind, including personal injury or death, (whether in tort, contract, or strict liability) arising out of or related to any Member Content, or to any act or omission by Members, by Italist or by any third party or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in connection with the Services. Any content submitted by our vendors does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Italist.
Italist assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, delay, communications line failure, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any Member Content or other Member communications. Italist is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or cable network or lines, computer systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on in connection with the Services, including any injury or damage to Member’s or other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation on or through the Services.
THE SERVICES, ALL CONTENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND ALL TEXT, IMAGES, MERCHANDISE, AND OTHER INFORMATION ON, ACCESSIBLE FROM OR AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” AND “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITALIST DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (i) THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS SERVICES IS FREE OF ERRORS; (ii) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERRORS; (iii) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (iv) THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
ITALIST DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY ON PRODUCTS OR ITEMS THAT ITALIST SELLS. TO THE EXTENT A PRODUCT OR ITEM IS SUBJECT TO THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY, SUCH WARRANTY SHALL BE YOUR SOLE WARRANTY FOR SUCH PRODUCT OR ITEM.
9. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL ITALIST, OR ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES, OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OF THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOSS OF USE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREON OR STORED OR MAINTAINED BY ITALIST, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ITALIST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF ITALIST, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO ITALIST IN CONNECTION WITH THE APPLICABLE EVENT, PROMOTION OR BOUTIQUE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL ITALIST, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, DISTRIBUTORS, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES, OR THIRD
PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR OTHERWISE INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THE LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION CONTAINED IN YOUR ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE STORED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ITALIST.
You hereby acknowledge that the preceding paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise, products, services and experiences available through the Services. Because some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, in such states some or all of the above disclaimers or exclusions may not apply and liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
10. International Use. We make no representation that information available in connection with the Services is appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Those who choose to access the Services from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
11. Risk of Loss; Deliveries. The items purchased through the Services are shipped by a third party carrier pursuant to a shipment contract. As a result, risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. We are not responsible for any loss of items, damage to items, mis-deliveries, delays or failed deliveries of items. If there are any delays in delivery, you may contact the italist.com Customer Services department, whose contact details are shown in the “Contact Us” section of the Website.
12. Italist Affiliates. Italist is not affiliated with websites or third parties that sell or advertise our products, services and/ or experiences without express permission or authorization from Italist. Italist reserves the right to void all service, return, and other policies for orders and Italist products that were purchased through unauthorized sellers. Italist is not responsible for any representations by unauthorized sellers.
14. Copyright Infringement; Notice and Take Down Procedures. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe that any materials on our websites or mobile applications infringe your copyright, you may request that they be removed. This request must bear a signature (or electronic equivalent) of the copyright holder or an authorized representative, and must: (a) identify the allegedly infringing materials; (b) indicate where on the websites or mobile applications the infringing materials are located; (c) provide your name and contact information; (d) state that you have a good faith belief that the materials are infringing; (e) state that the information in your claim is accurate; and (f) indicate that “under penalty of perjury” you are the lawful copyright owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf. If you believe that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for further information. Our contact for copyright issues relating to the Services (including the notices and counter-notices) is: Diego Abba, CEO, email: legal@ italist.com c/o Squire Patton Boggs, 275 Battery Street 26th Floor , San Francisco, CA 94111. Please note that there are penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
YOU AND ITALIST ALSO AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER IN ARBITRATION ONLY IN YOUR OR ITALIST’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND IN SO DOING YOU AND ITALIST HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY, TO ASSERT OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS ACTION ARBITRATION, TO ASSERT OR PARTICIPATE IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LAWSUIT OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ARBITRATION, AND TO ASSERT OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY JOINT OR CONSOLIDATED LAWSUIT OR JOINT OR CONSOLIDATED ARBITRATION OF ANY KIND. HOWEVER, ITALIST WILL NOT INVOKE ITS RIGHT TO ARBITRATE ANY INDIVIDUAL CLAIM THAT YOU BRING IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT, AS LONG AS IT IS BROUGHT AND MAINTAINED AS AN INDIVIDUAL CLAIM.
Either party may initiate arbitration, which shall be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) pursuant to its Commercial Arbitration Rules and Supplemental Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes in effect on the date the arbitration is filed (“AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. The AAA Rules are available on the AAA’s website www.adr.org, or by calling the AAA at (800) 778-7879. Any arbitration hearing that you attend will be held at a place chosen by the AAA in the same city as the U.S. District Court closest to your then current billing address, or at some other place to which you and Italist agree in writing. A single, neutral arbitrator will resolve Claims. The arbitrator will be either a lawyer with at least ten (10) years experience or a retired or former judge, selected in accordance with the AAA rules. Those procedures and rules may limit the discovery available to you or us. The arbitrator will take reasonable steps to protect your customer account information and other confidential information if requested to do so by you or us. The payment of administrative and arbitrator’s fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. The arbitrator’s award is final and binding on the parties. Any Claim you have must be commenced within one (1) year after the Claim arises.
Last Updated: September, 2016