What do italist staffers love to wear? We asked four to reveal their most coveted insider picks from the site.
Our LA office is young and culturally diverse, but varies in terms of personal style. We asked four staff members to describe their style philosophy and select a few items from the site that they’d snatch up in a heartbeat. With over 1,000 brands and 150,000 unique items, they had plenty to choose from.
- I love these PT01 trousers because they’re otherwise quite standard, minus the matte, contrasting stripe printed down the side seam.
- I’m very into the trekking boot look right now. These ones from Tod’s are bulky in the way that’s trendy right now without losing a nice shape and silhouette.
- A pre-distressed, sturdy lambskin backpack is always in style. Giorgio Brato is an artisan and not well known on the mainstream fashion circuit (yet).
- “The Teddy” look is very in, and this trucker-style jacket from Hosio is a subtle nod to that trend.
- I love a sturdy wool-cashmere blend overshirt for chilly days that don’t require a heavier coat. This one is by lownn, a Parisian brand started in 2016.
- I find this BY FAR tote to be versatile and elegant. I can see myself bringing this to both the grocery store and to a fancy restaurant.
- Platform ballerinas make me so happy. They bring out my inner child, while still maintaining my semi-adult self. Miu Miu makes them chic.
- I find myself wearing my husband’s clothes more often than my own. I love the oversized androgynous look of this Acne Studios coat, which will drape elegantly over anything I want to wear underneath it.
- I was an overalls kid when I was younger, and I love suspenders. I would wear these Comme des Garçons black overall-shorts with the Miu Miu ballerinas for a very youthful look.
- I love the color palette and the clean architecture of everything by Danse Lente. If not the Phebe bag, I’m eyeing the vintage cigarette box-inspired Pablo bag.
- I love the versatility of this Ralph Lauren dress. With a denim jacket, it has a more casual look. Add heels, and it transitions from office to happy hour seamlessly.
- Earrings are how I like to have fun and show a little flair, and I love these dangly earrings from ethical brand Jessie Western, which showcases the works of Native American artists.
- Stuart Weitzman is a master at designing classic silhouettes that the everyday woman can wear. I love the texture of suede and the chestnut brown color used here is so versatile.
- I think a denim jacket is a staple in any wardrobe. With the faux sherpa lining, this version from Levi’s (the denim jacket brand) is extra warm when the seasonal chill sets in.
- This leather Marc Jacobs bag is another piece that can be dressed up or down. I also really like that the strap can be removed so it works as a clutch too.
- Saint Laurent jeans are great quality and can be worn on truly any occasion—work or brunch or out to a concert.
- These Givenchy black Chelsea boots are sleek and will always be a timeless look, dressed up or down.
- Winter is around the corner and I can see myself throwing on this A.P.C. Down Sweater by itself or layering it under a thicker coat.
- The new Bottega Veneta maxi intrecciato is an instant classic, and this light graphite color is something different than black.
- Classic light blue jeans are great for everyday wear and you can never go wrong with Acne Studios denim.
What would your picks be? Shop the FW19 sale here.
Expect our next round of italist staff insider picks in the new year—our insider picks for SS20!